In 2008, club member Judy Luffman, donated a beautiful award to be presented annually to the club member who best embodies the spirit of the club.
To select the recipient, a call for nominations is sent to all club members in the fall. Once the nominations have closed, club members are notified and asked to vote for the person who they believe is most deserving. The Kayaker of the Year Award is presented to the selected member at the club’s annual year-end social.
The following are the criteria for nominating a member for this special award.
- The nominee must be a current or past member of the club
- The person will represent the spirit of the club i.e.,
- Welcoming all new members
- Helpful in making paddle/trips successful
- Leading in helping others
- Regularly participating in club events – not only paddles, but organizing and/or hosting club activities
- Volunteering – giving freely of their time, energy and expertise (not necessarily at the forefront).
|Recipients of the Kayaker of the Year Award|
|2008||John Wolfenberg, inaugural recipient|
|2016||David A. Smith|
Congratulations to all the recipients!